The Privacy Act 1998 regulates the collection and use, disclosure and maintenance of Personal Information collected by (Real Estate Agents) from the clients, customers and the public.
“Personal Information” is any information that can be used to personally identify you. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information.
We may collect any of the following information about you if you are a current or prospective vendor, prospective renter, purchaser or rent provider of real estate or if you visit our website or make an enquiry with us via another method:
• Your name, address, telephone number and email address;
• driver’s license number;
• current property ownership and title details;
• desired property ownership details; and
• details of properties sold or acquired by you.
• employment details such as your employment status, employer, salary, length of employment;
• other sources of income; and
• personal and financial referees whom we may contact about an application made.
This information we collect may be used for the following reasons:
- Security reasons;
- To allow us to call or email you or write to you to inform you of properties we have listed for sale/lease that may suit your needs, and/or to keep you informed of developments in the real estate market;
- Enable us to give feedback to the vendor/owner, rent provider/renter, regarding interest in a property that you have inspected. In this case only your surname or given name will be disclosed;
- To help us carry out the services we have contracted to provide by way of an agency agreement with you;
- To assist you with any queries, customer service issues or complaints promptly;
- To keep you up to date with services or information we think would be of interest to you.
The information is used for internal purposes only and will not be disclosed to any other third party without your consent, unless as noted in 3 above.
All personal & sensitive information we collect is held electronically and in hard copy in our office in a secure manner. It will only be used for the purposes noted above and will not be disclosed to any third party or recipients in other countries without your written permission, unless required by law or noted in 3 above. However, we are not liable for any unauthorised access of this information.
If you do not wish to be called as part of our normal follow up procedures, please advise the Agent Representative before leaving.
You have the right to view the information collected about you, the right to correct the information it if it not accurate, up to date or complete. Should you ask us to remove your information from our records we will do so securely.